Popular Posts

qoo10

banner

Friday, March 7, 2014

[Taiwan] Sun Moon Lake (日月潭)

I  was in Taiwan few months ago and decided to blog about my trip to Sun Moon Lake (Jih-yueh-tan/日月潭). I've been to Northern and Southern Taiwan and this was the first time I am travelling to the central part of Taiwan. Being Taiwan's largest lake, the iconic tourist attraction is located at the heart of Taiwan.


Since my hotel is located in Taipei (Northern Taiwan), I have to travel to Taichung (Central Taiwan) via the THSR (Taiwan High Speed Rail) or what the locals call as Gao-tie (高鐵).  Price of the one-way ticket from Taipei to Taichung is NTD 765 (approximately SGD32).

The seat is comfortable and clean.

The journey took exactly 49 minutes.


At Taichung THSR Station, which is actually located at the suburban district of Wuri (烏日).

So from the station, you can either take a bus (which takes longer) or a taxi to Sun Moon Lake, located at the centre of Nantou County (南投縣).

I actually took a taxi there in order to save time. It took me approximately 1hr 15min.


The picturesque view of Sun Moon Lake!

I heard raves about Sun Moon Lake and I can say the place is above my expectation!
The tiny island of Lalu. The island is sacred to the Thao people (邵族) of Taiwan. Sun Moon Lake is home to the Thao people for many years and there are only about 600 Thao people left in Taiwan.

 Me enjoying the tranquility of Sun Moon Lake.


Next stop is the Itathao (伊達邵) village where you can find aboriginal handicrafts and food



I ordered deep fried food and it has a distinguish taste from the night markets in my opinion.
Wild boar meat is a must-have when visiting an aboriginal village!

Love the peppery flavour, with lots of onions. Wild boar taste better than pork imo.

So if you are someone who loves aboriginal culture and beautiful scenery, Sun Moon Lake will definitely not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment