Popular Posts

qoo10

banner

Monday, May 5, 2014

GRUB @ Bishan Park


Having weekend brunches is a means for me to reward myself after a week of work.

Situated in Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park, GRUB is indeed an ideal location for a cafe. The greenery and fresh air is an escape from the hectic morning rush during the weekdays.

Since Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park is also an ideal place for a jog, so it will be great breakfast place after breakfast.

I reached Grub at around 10 am and it was already packed. Grub do not accept reservations and I tried to wait a couple of times before during weekend nights but didn't have the patient to wait in the end.

This time round, since it's the morning and it was only 2 of us, I managed to secure indoor seats in less than 10 minutes.



GRUB Breakfast Set (S$15) - with garlic thyme sausage

The GRUB Breakfast Set consists of grilled focaccia, scrambled eggs, portobello mushroom, salad and a choice of either garlic thyme pork sausage or chicken cheese sausage. I opted for the garlic thyme sausage while my friend chose chicken cheese sausage.  The garlic thyme sausage is the better option imo. The sausage was a bit too salty for my taste-buds and it was better to eat with the focaccia. The texture of the scrambled egg was not too bad but it was rather oily and bland. Nice presentation though.

I will give it a 6.5/10.

                            GRUB Breakfast Set (S$15) - chicken cheese sausage

For only S$2.5, you can top up your breakfast with liberty hot coffee or dammann tea.

Cafe Latte 

The cafe latte wasn't too impressive but good enough as a top-up. Or maybe, I shouldn't top up my coffee and stick with the coffee that comes with the breakfast set. 

We were actually full but not satisfied enough. We decided to try their signature Churros! 

Churros ($9) 

The origins of Churros is unclear but one of the legend was that Churros were inspired by Chinese Youtiaos during the Ming Dynasty. Churros, a Spanish/Portuguese fried-dough pastry  is actually quite similar with youtiao but a crunchier and sweeter version. 
The Churro in GRUB comes with dark chocolate sauce and crème anglaise. GRUB offers one of the best churros in Singapore. Love how the churro is crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. I like my churros with both the dark chocolate and crème anglaise. 
I will give it a 8/10. 

Will I come back again? Definitely a yes as I want to try their other dishes. 

Food: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Ambience: 8.5/10 

GRUB Singapore (Bishan Park) 
510 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1, 
569983


No comments:

Post a Comment