Popular Posts

qoo10

banner

Monday, May 16, 2016

Banyan Tree Bangkok Hotel Review

Over the Labour Day long weekend, I travelled to Bangkok for a short getaway.

For my previous trip, I stayed at Eastin Grand Sathorn  and I like the location of Silom/Sathorn. Therefore, I decided to choose Banyan Tree Bangkok  (บันยันทรี กรุงเทพฯ) as my 'home' in Bangkok for the 3 days.

Banyan Tree is centrally located at the central business district of Bangkok. With Lumphini MRT Station, Silom MRT Station and Sala Daeng BTS Station just walking distance away.





The Banyan Tree group of hotels was founded by Singaporeans Mr Ho Kwon Ping and Claire Chiang. We were welcomed at the lobby with Thai hand floral garland - Phuang malai (พวงมาลัย) .

During the check-in, we were offered welcome drinks.




My Horizon Room is unlike typical lead in room category of other hotels. It's like a Junior Suite with a small living area and bedroom. We were offered different tropical fruits (with explanation). The incense and essential oil gave our with a touch of spa resort, a sanctuary in the city.




The overall decor is contemporary yet with some traditional Thai inspired elements.

Banyan Tree, being renowned for their spa has also better qualities bathroom amenities from other 5-star hotels.



I stayed at 37th storey and I could get a good view of Silom and Lumphini Park.


Banyan Tree Swimming Pool - 21F 


Hotel breakfast is your typical kind of breakfast buffet. It does have a wide choice of eggs at its egg station.






Banyan Tree Bangkok lives up its name as one of Bangkok's most luxurious hotel. The location is good and staff were mostly friendly. The only minus point I would say is the swimming pool is a bit small.

Address:
21/100  Sathon Tai Road., Thai Wah Tower II, Bangkok 10120, Thailand

See also : Eastin Grand Sathorn


No comments:

Post a Comment